domingo, 28 de junho de 2009

Up and running

Hello friends/supporters,
It hasn't even been a week and things are already pretty crazy. I got in on Wednesday and was able to rest a little, but at night I met with the three other interns and my bosses for the summer (Mark and Ali Kaiser) to discuss the dynamics of the internship. Was able to rest Thursday before a group of 30 Americans came in on Friday for a bi-lingual camp we are having this week. Friday night was a big pizza part for
the youth group and the Americans. Yesterday was service Saturday and English club (where a small group of Brazilians get together with the interns so the Brazilians can practice their english). At night we had a "festa junina" which is a typical Brazilian party that happens every June. Today was church and in an hour is the big Brazil X USA game... That might not be a very detailed description but these next two weeks are going to be really busy. It looks roughly like this:

30th-4th: Bi-lingual camp with 30 Americans and 60 Brazilians. It's a pretty typical camp but with the added opportunity for the Brazilians to practice English. Since I am one of a handful of people that speak both languages well I will be working pretty hard.

5th: Church inauguration. The church here in Itu has been working on building a new church for some time now and it is finally ready. I will helping with the filming of the inauguration.

6th-10th: Medical mission. A group of American doctors is coming down for a week for a medical mission. There are plenty of volunteers from the church and I will be translating between the two groups during the week.

That's what these next two weeks look like. There is plenty in between the lines but those are the main events. I wish I had some pictures to show but I left the USB cable to connect my camera to my computer at home in the US so I Will be having to use other people's pictures for now. Once these two weeks are over I will be working on some projects for the Family Institute of Latin America. I will also be helping Mark and Ali make a video for their ministry and a handful of other projects.
It is great to be here and to be busy. I ask for prayers a calm spirit and for energy to handle all that is on my plate right now. I hope you are all doing well.



This is Chewy. He is the newest member of the Heiderich Family. He is a handful but is hilarious.













This is an older picture of the new church building in Itu. At this point it looks really good and just has a few minor touch ups before the inauguration.

Um comentário: