sexta-feira, 17 de julho de 2009

Rest and Recover

So I lied. Last time I wrote I said I was getting better. I actually spent the rest of the week pretty sick. Wednesday I couldn't handle sitting around the house anymore so I went to hep at the medical campaign (this was all last week). The campaign went better than anyone had projected. We ended up taking care of over 700 people. The environment was positive and selfless. A thirteen year old girl came on Tuesday as a patient then came back the next day to volunteer. I spent my time organizing the flow of people coming in. We had to begin forms for each person and make sure they where taken care of by the right doctors. In the afternoons I played with the kids that came in and helped translate for the dentists and the doctors. The week was a lot of fun and it was amazing to see other peoples dedication to serving. During the weekend we helped shuttle the last of the Americans to Sao Paulo to catch their planes. Monday I woke up with pink eye... which caught me off guard. Spent most of this week recuperating because my body was breaking down after getting really sick and not stopping. This weekend Max Lucado is in town so there are some lunches planned with him and he will be speaking Saturday and Sunday. Next week Acapella will be in town for a performance. It has been great to spend time with my parents and Mark and Ali are an amazing couple serving God and I feel blessed to be working with them. I know these blogs have been pretty dry, but this time here has been an answered prayer. My prayer request is for the Itu church. The church has very strong leadership and know that they have this wonderful new building my prayer is that the people within it will act as a light on top of a hill. I miss you guys and hope to hear from some of you soon. Tchau.





Group discussion at camp.











Translating at church inauguration.














Filming church inauguration.















Translating for dentist at the medical campaign.















Um comentário: